Tuesday, 13 November 2012

almost twilight...

No no....not the movie....sorry twihards...but I did get your attention!
Twilight the time of day just after or before the sun sets or rises...
Almost twilight is when I love to go for a run or tonight I decided to walk (dodgy knee) and catch the sunset.
This is what I saw....
 pelicans at the mouth of the creek.

 A glimpse up the creek of the sunset.


 the tree behind says it all....

 view from the end of the jetty back at the sunset.

the jetty is lined with a path of metallic fish and mosaics.


A sky writer takes to the early evening sky...

Moreton Bay...a lovely place to unwind and breath in the sea air after a hectic day...

A solar eclipse is happening tomorrow morning about 6.00am Brisbane time... guess I'll catch it on my way to work.

Will you be witnessing this event in your part of the world?

Happy Twilight.
Bec x

p.s. late edit...seems only Cairns gets to see it live..hmmmm...


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your photos in the twilight, Do you live on the outskirts of Brisbane it looks very peaceful and deserted.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bayside brisbane during the week... sunshine coast on weekends until I move permanently up there... I will miss this part of Brisbane...
      Bec x

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful time of the day. I didn't know about the eclipse - I must catch the news later. But if you do see it...enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is...eclipse was amazing to watch...would have loved be on the beach at Cairns which went into full darkness!
      Bec x

      Delete
  3. I want to thank you for checking out my blog and for following! So jealous that you are down under, where life is more laid back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure... life sure is heaven down here, we are very lucky!
      Bec x

      Delete
  4. love your shots! twilight is the best time of day.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks cheryl ...quick random shots on the run...! Hoping for another lovely sunset tonight.
      Bec x

      Delete
  5. Great shots Bec. Love that it's called Pandanas Beach. Didn't see much of an eclipse this morning. The sun just seemed to glow differently. Love the long Twilights in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kylie, I know it was a bit eerie driving to work early this morning with the strange light... ah yes... Melbourne, those long days playing outside as kids until after 9.00pm... ( I grew up in Melbourne).
      Bec x

      Delete